THE REALEST "ISH" I LEARNED AS AN ENTREPRENEUR! TOP 10!
THE REALEST "ISH" I LEARNED
1. Entrepreneurship is like the scariest roller-coaster at an amusement park; it’s exciting, full of thrill, lots of laughs, it makes your heart race, your hair is blowing in the wind, absolutely amazing. Then all of a sudden you feel like your life could end at any given moment, its scary as hell, you think the hard part is over, then you drop at a ridiculous speed in the dark, and just when you think you can’t take the madness anymore, you open your eyes and realize that was the best damn ride you have ever been on!
2. It’s ok to work a job- So many full time entrepreneurs will try to make you feel unworthy of the title entrepreneur because you have a job. For a long time, I was ashamed to say I still work. Then one day I realized, it takes a lot more effort to work a full time job and run a successful business. I’m the real MVP! I love my career, it’s an accomplishment too. I put in a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and money to get the degrees, certifications, and experience to reach this level of professional success. Not to mention, my career funds my purpose. Don’t let these social media fake millionaires pressure you to quit your job. Embrace your journey!
3. No Filter! The first two years in my business I was careful about what I said, I was always trying to be politically correct, I was intentional in not saying God so I wouldn’t offend anyone. I wanted Fierce Fearless Free to be liked by everyone. I didn’t want to step on any toes. I was so worried about what others thought, that I failed to make an impact. I was trying to help ALL women. I did a disservice to myself and my gift. Chile, I became so tired of not being me. . . it’s hard being somebody else, tiring. I had to remove the filter. I was fake, because I certainly wasn’t being me! The truth is, I use God all the time when I speak because I know where my help comes from. The truth is, I am bold in my words because I suck at sugar coating. The truth is, I operate in facts, and if you don’t want the facts, don’t ask me. The truth is, I’m not for everybody. Fierce Fearless Free is not for everybody! I reached a point in my life where I’m cool with that.
4. Perfection doesn’t exist- Perfection is like this imaginary bar that you WERK so hard to reach, and just when you think you are about to reach the bar, God raises it. Outside of God, perfection doesn’t exist. The idea of perfection only exists as an incentive to keep you reaching for new heights. If you wait for perfection before you launch your business, ministry, brand, blog, whatever. . . you will never do anything. Don’t beat yourself up, none of us are perfect.
5. Don’t lend more than you can afford to lose- As women, we give a lot and we pour our all into people. We are helpers and nurtures by nature. We often give away what we need. Once you start elevating so many people will come to you and drain you. They will borrow with no intention of paying you back; whether it’s money, time, love, or energy. I learned that you can’t give your all. You have to keep some for yourself, because if you don’t, you will be in need. Will these same people give their all to you?
6. Don’t miss the moment- Many coaches and gurus will encourage you to be on “team no sleep” “grind mode” but I don’t necessarily agree. Yes sacrifice is key, however, there are important moments in your life and your loved ones life that you just can’t get back. There are memories that you can’t recreate. There was a time in my journey where I was so focused on my business that I sacrificed important friendships, relationships, and once in a life time moments. Honestly, it wasn’t worth it. I will never get those moments back. Some of those friendships will never be the same. Just like you expect those closest to you to support your business, they expect you to support milestones in their life. I was a terrible friend, sister, daughter, employee, and person. The only thing that mattered was Fierce Fearless Free, and it was a costly mistake. When you know better do better.
7. New friends are everything- That “no new friends” mentality is not what’s up! God has strategically placed some FIERCE, FEARLESS, FREE women in my life over the past few years. They have absolutely changed my life. They have fueled my purpose through their encouragement, support, inspiration, prayers, and importantly, their belief in me and Fierce Fearless Free! It’s ok to level up your friendships!
8. It’s ok to ask for help! In the beginning I was a one woman show. As my brand started to grow, it became harder and harder to manage. For a long time I was afraid to ask for help because I didn’t want to seem weak. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, it’s a sign of growth: growth in your mindset and your business. If you and your business were not growing, then you wouldn’t need help. So many people were excited to help me because they believed in my purpose. The time will come when you will need a team. Ask for help, it’s ok.
9. Stay ready so you don’t have to get ready! My favorite quote of all time! The secret to success is to be ready for your opportunity when it comes. I learned that at any moment you can meet someone that will change your life. Or the phone may ring with the opportunity of a life time, with little time to prepare. Before anyone started asking me to speak, I had several speeches written. When God calls your name, will you be ready for the assignment?
10. Make the money don’t let it make you – It doesn’t take much to lose your damn mind when those coins start rolling in. So I started asking God to help me remain humble; help me to continue to focus on doing his work and not let money change me. Lord I want money but I don’t want to love money. Remember, don’t let money fuel you…let it be a resource so that you can fulfill my purpose, change the world, and create a legacy for your family. Do God’s will and watch he give you the desires of your heart.
I have learned well over 10 lessons since I started Fierce Fearless Free. I pray that these lessons will bless you and your purpose. Always remember to protect your peace. Don’t let anything or anyone steal your joy. Life throws some much at you: negativity, hurt, sickness, fatigue, death, disappointment, and so much more. Don’t let the enemy stop you from fulfilling your mission.
Sometimes the burdens of life make you weak, but God will always send a Simon your way to help you bear your cross. As long as you wake up each day, somebody needs your gift! It’s worth every crazy moment. My heart smiles when I look back over the past few years. I believe that God would be pleased with my works. You were graced for this therefore you were equipped with everything you need to operate in purpose.
Stay Fierce Fearless Free!